The Manager of Inclusion & Diversity will oversee the Diversity & Inclusion Team, HR Business Partners, cross-functional business teams and leaders throughout the enterprise. This person will report trends to recommend strategies, interventions and infuse best practices. These best practices and experience will be used to improve business and provide business solutions related to diversity and inclusion.
The role will also create, develop, deliver and manage a comprehensive internal marketing and communications campaign. This campaign will aim to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion inside of Sprint thus increasing enterprise awareness of diversity at Sprint and diversity engagement at all levels within the org. This individual manages the activities of individual contributors or supervisors in a section or dept. with accountability for goals, objectives, and operational policies. He/She may participate in the dev of functional strategy and will have resp. for hiring, termination, performance and salary decisions.
• Working with HR, Bus. Unit and Corp Functional leaders, executives and teams to identify key gaps and predictors, as well as interventions/metrics/milestones for progress
• Analysis of external trends, understanding of internal key risk areas and areas for opportunities
• COE support for diversity and inclusion specific learning and training initiatives, to build capability across the org.
• Coaching HR leaders on application of diversity & inclusion strategies and plans to their businesses
• Supporting HR Bus. Partners and team leaders to build capability to deliver diversity and inclusion through facilitation, consultation and collateral development
• Optimizing diversity and inclusion visibility internally and externally including external relationships
• Source and manage external vendors as needed for the dev and/or delivery of specific interventions, metrics and projects
• External diversity and inclusion expertise gained from 5 yrs of work in a diversity or related field.
• In depth diversity and inclusion expertise and thought leadership- knowledge, training and experience
• Supervisory/management experience of exempt staff preferred.
• College degree. A combination of education and related work experience totaling 11 yrs post high-school.
• Well developed comm skills – oral, written, facilitation, developing concepts
• Strong facilitation and delivery skills and ability to build capability in others
• Ability to draw line of sight and linkage of diversity and inclusion to business outcomes
• Track results driven by leveraging diversity
• Deep and broad knowledge of diversity and inclusion processes, procedures, best practices, resources and access points
• Recognized by others as SME and sought out by others internally and externally as source of professional advice and guidance
• Well developed external relationships and networks
• A strong understanding of project management principles
• Successful in developing influential and trust based relationships with corporate senior leadership and decision makers.
• Familiarity with HR programs and processes, federal and state employment laws, and EEO/AAP and compliance
• Able to build strong partnerships with internal influencers
• Influential and persuasive in aligning diversity and inclusion with HR priorities and enterprise goals
• Able to diagnose situations and make the case for business change
• Demonstrates business acumen – understands and can articulate the bottom-line impact of diversity and inclusion initiatives across functions
• Can lead discussions successfully toward problem resolution
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of key financial drivers impacting diversity and inclusion activities
• Consistently ensures that efficiencies and effectiveness of HR processes are applied without compromising the principles of diversity and inclusion
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. We are proud to be a drug free employer.
I do not endorse any companies and share only a resource to those in the Diversity and Inclusion profession.